The best drawer organisers: tackle those junk drawers once and for all
Embrace your inner neat freak and give all your possessions a dedicated home using our pick of the best drawer organisers and dividers on the market.
They say a tidy house makes for a tidy mind, and while you might think of tidiness as meaning just what's on show, the true neatness lover will extend their organisation to what can’t be seen. From drawers to wardrobes, pantries to fridges, you can’t be truly tidy until their insides look as good as their outsides. Here’s where drawer organisers come in.
From modular designs which can be moved or stacked into different formulations to dividers with panels that divvy up your existing space, drawer organisers come in all shapes and forms and can be used for pretty much anything and everything around your home.
We’ve rounded up some of our favourite variations of drawer organisers, ready for you to sort your stuff and get organised. We’ve also included a useful buyer’s guide full of tips and tricks on how to make the most of these invaluable organisational accessories.
The best drawer organisers at a glance:
- Best classic drawer liners: Amazon Basics Collapsible Clothes Drawer Organisers
- Best for the kitchen: Vtopmart 25 Pack Desk Drawer Organiser
- Best sock drawer organiser: Joyoldelf Drawer Organisers
- Best for kids’ rooms: DIMJ 12 PCS Dresser Drawer Organiser Fabric Storage Boxes
- Best for makeup: InnoGear Set of 12 Desk Drawer Organiser Trays
- Best for underwear: MAXPORIUM 4-Pieces Underwear Drawer Organiser Divider
- Best separation dividers: 4-Pack Adjustable Drawer Dividers Organizer Separators
- Best selection of sizes: Solutionder 12 pcs Drawer Organiser
- Best for clothing: Reakoo Wardrobe Clothes Organiser
- Best to fit any drawer: Yue Drawer Dividers 8 PCS
The best drawer organisers
Best classic drawer liners: Amazon Basics Collapsible Clothes Drawer Organisers
Upgrade your organisation in minutes
This set of six collapsible and foldable cloth in-drawer boxes is the perfect place to start to make the most of whatever storage space you have.
Compromising two small, two medium and two large boxes, slot them into your bedroom drawers to divide your clothes or use them in your wardrobe to make the most of shelf space. And they’re not just suitable for clothes - from makeup to stationery to toys, there’s a use for these in every room in the house.
More like this
Best for the kitchen: Vtopmart 25 Pack Desk Drawer Organiser
Tidy your fridge or pantry shelves
Organise everything from fruit and veg to utensils with this 25-piece set of drawer organisers. Great for the kitchen, these clear boxes make it easy to see everything at a glance, and the durable, non-slip plastic means they’re wipe clean and won’t slide about.
The wide variety of sizes offers a suitable storage box for all the most important items in your kitchen fridge and pantry, from fresh produce to condiments, rice and pasta to cutlery. This extensive set of plastic storage boxes in multiple sizes is also suitable for sorting your makeup and cosmetics and keeping your desk clean and tidy.
Best sock drawer organiser: Joyoldelf Drawer Organisers
For perfectly presented socks and ties
Tired of scrambling around in your drawers to find the right pair of socks? Is your tie collection looking like a lost and found? Take tidiness to the next level with these multi-compartment drawer organisers, which will have your socks, ties and other small items as neat and easy to find as you could ever desire.
These collapsible and foldable fabric organisers will save you time and space in the morning and can also be used for organising bras and pants, nail varnish, makeup, charging cables, or any other small item you need to organise. They also feature 24-holes, the perfect size for socks and ties at 33 x 33 x 9cm.
Best for kids’ rooms: DIMJ 12 PCS Dresser Drawer Organiser Fabric Storage Boxes
Fun design and multiple sizes
If you ever feel like your kids’ things are taking over your home, or like you tidy and tidy but can never find the thing you need, a set of drawer organisers for their bedroom or playroom could be just the thing.
This set has 12 pieces in various sizes and features a fun zig-zag design. Wrangle all their bits and pieces into designated places and get your little ones involved in tidying and organising. It’s never too early to learn that everything has a place!
Best for makeup: InnoGear Set of 12 Desk Drawer Organiser Trays
Organise your beauty essentials
Beauty lovers will love this set of 12 plastic drawer organisers, which includes a variety of sizes and offers the option of stacking, too.
If you have an impressive collection of makeup and want to keep it categorised as well as safely stored, plastic drawer compartments are a fantastic option. These ones wipe clean so can be used in the bedroom, dressing room or bathroom. They also work well in the office or kitchen, so you’ll always find a use for them.
Best for underwear: MAXPORIUM 4-Pieces Underwear Drawer Organiser Divider
Organise all your smaller items
Your underwear drawer may not be the most exciting corner of your home, but surely your delicates deserve a dedicated space, and what better way to sort them all than with a drawer divider set specially designed with underwear in mind.
This four-piece set includes boxes intended for socks, pants and bras, which of course, can also be used for any other item that needs organising, from baby clothes and accessories to ties, pocket squares, scarves and even jewellery.
Best separation dividers: 4-Pack Adjustable Drawer Dividers Organizer Separators
Sturdy, adjustable and adaptable
Removable and modular boxes can be a great way to organise your drawers, but for many people, dividers will make more sense, in particular, because they can be extended to fit different spaces.
If that sounds like you, then consider this set of four dividers, which extend from 28cm to 40cm and can be used at any length in between. Simply excellent for compartmentalising your drawers so that you can categorise, sort and easily find all your possessions.
Best selection of sizes: Solutionder 12 pcs Drawer Organiser
Organise your whole bedroom
Organise your drawers, wardrobe and more with this 12-piece set of collapsible, foldable drawer organisers, made from a long-lasting fabric with flexible cardboard inserts.
The 12 boxes come in assorted sizes, meaning you can use them for a wide variety of items and slot them into various drawers or shelves or pop them on your bedside table. A great starter pack for anyone hoping for a more organised bedroom, and perfect for everything from underwear to pyjamas.
Best for clothing: Reakoo Wardrobe Clothes Organiser
Organise t-shirts, trousers and more
Make the most of deep drawers and wardrobe shelves with these clothing organisation cubes, which give you access to everything without having to disturb the rest of the pile.
Fold and store everything from t-shirts to trousers, jumpers to jeans, using the handy upright compartments. Perfect for large drawers, it’s also a great way to neaten up shelf space in your wardrobes, making all your clothes visible and accessible and allowing you to select any item you like without disturbing others.
Best to fit any drawer: Yue Drawer Dividers 8 PCS
Adjustable in various ways
These highly adaptable drawer dividers are a great way to declutter your makeup, jewellery or stationery collections.
They’re made from a slim and flexible material and can be arranged in a variety of formations to create the divisions you want, then moved around later on, should your needs change, and are also suitable for use as a desk tidy. They can also be easily cut down to size, meaning you can fit them into whichever drawers you like.
Drawer organiser buyers’ guide
Fed up with rummaging through your cluttered drawers? Or wanting to maximise storage space in your home? Drawer organisers are the perfect solution, and we’ve got you covered with everything you need to know thanks to our handy buyer’s guide - from choosing the right style and their benefits to advice on decluttering and maintaining a tidy storage space.
What are drawer organisers, and how do they work?
Drawer organisers are designed to help maximise storage space, improve accessibility, and keep your drawers neat and tidy. They come in a large variety of materials, shapes and sizes and are designed to fit into all sorts of drawers. Some of the most common types include:
- Dividers: These are simple partitions that separate the drawer into sections. Great for grouping similar items together and preventing them from sliding around.
- Inserts: These are custom-designed organisers that fit into specific types of drawers, such as those for jewellery, socks, or ties. They usually have specific compartments and dividers to keep items separated and easy to find.
- Trays: These are flat-bottomed containers that sit inside the drawer and hold items such as cutlery, utensils, or cosmetics. They often have compartments or slots to keep items organised.
The benefits of using drawer organisers in your home
Drawer organisers have a range of benefits, including the following:
- Maximise storage space: Drawer organisers help make use of every inch of your drawers. This can be especially useful in smaller homes or apartments where storage space is limited.
- Time-saving: Drawer organisers make it easier to find what you need quickly without having to sift through a mess of items. This can save you time and reduce stress in your daily routine.
- Protect items: Drawer organisers can prevent your belongings from damage by preventing them from sliding around or rubbing against each other.
- Clutter-free home: Drawer organisers can help you maintain a clutter-free home and improve your overall sense of wellbeing.
How to choose the right drawer organiser for your needs
When choosing drawer organisers, it's important to factor in certain considerations. Here are some tips to help you choose the right one:
- Consider your items: What do you want to organise? Think about the types of items you want to store in the drawer and choose an organiser that has the right compartments or slots to hold them.
- Measure your drawers: Make sure to take accurate measurements of the width, depth, and height of your drawers to ensure the organiser will fit snugly.
- Material: Choose an organiser made from durable materials such as plastic, bamboo, or metal, depending on your preference and budget.
- Budget: Decide on how much you want to spend on your drawer organisers - they can range from budget-friendly to high-end.
Ways to use drawer organisers throughout your home
Drawer organisers can be used in a variety of creative ways in different rooms throughout your home - here are some ideas:
- In the kitchen: Use drawer organisers to store and separate cutlery, utensils, and kitchen gadgets. Or why not use them to organise spices, tea bags, and small packets?
- In the bathroom: Use drawer organisers to hold your cosmetics, toiletries, and hair accessories, as well as medication and other personal care items.
- In the bedroom: Use drawer organisers to store jewellery, socks, and ties. You can also use them to organise belts, scarves, and other accessories.
- In the office: Use drawer organisers to store different office supplies, from pens, and paper clips, to craft supplies such as beads, thread, and buttons.
Tips for organising your drawers effectively
Once you have chosen the right drawer organisers for your home and needs, it's important to use them as effectively as possible to get the most out of their benefits. Here are some top tips to help you organise your drawers:
- Group similar items together: Use the organisers to pair up similar items together, such as all your cutlery or all your socks.
- Arrange items by frequency of use: Store your most used items at the front of the drawer for easy access, while less frequently used items can be placed towards the back.
- Keep it simple: Don't overcrowd your drawer with too many items, as this can make it difficult to find what you need. Instead, keep it simple and only store items you use regularly.
- Label your drawers: To help you find your items more easily and quickly, try labelling your organisers to identify the contents of each drawer.
How to keep your storage tidy and organised
It’s essential to keep your drawers and storage space tidy and organised - here are some tips to help you along the way:
- Regularly declutter: Make sure to sort through your drawers regularly, removing any items that you no longer need or use. Sort into piles of keep, donate, or throw away. This will help you maintain an organised, clutter-free space and prevent your drawers from becoming overcrowded.
- Put things away immediately: Make it a habit to put things away immediately after using them rather than letting them pile up into a heap of mess!
- Use drawer organisers consistently: Use your drawer organisers consistently and ensure that everything has its designated place.
- Clean your storage space regularly: Clean your drawers and storage space regularly using a damp cloth or vacuum cleaner.
- Reassess your storage needs regularly: Check in with your storage needs and adjust your drawer organisers accordingly.
If you would like to read more expert-recommended round-ups, check out our Household page, where you’ll find more home recommendations, including the best shoe racks, the best shower caddies, and the best light alarm clocks.
Cordelia Aspinall is a Digital Writer for Immediate Media, working across brands including The Recommended, RadioTimes.com, MadeForMums and BBC Gardeners’ World. She has previously worked and written for digital publications including Condé Nast Traveller, The Evening Standard, Cosmopolitan, and several other lifestyle brands.
Hannah Lewis-Marshall is a writer and editor with more than ten years of experience working on product round-ups and shopping guides. She's committed to helping you make smarter purchases, from one-off big buys to everyday essentials.