If you’re anything like us, once your alarm clock has gone off, a good, strong coffee is the first thing on your mind. Whether it’s getting us up in the morning, seeing us through the post-lunch slump, or accompanying us on our 10,000 steps, there’s nothing like having a hot (or cold) caffeinated beverage in hand.
Though we may love our coffee breaks, there’s no avoiding the fact that disposable cups aren’t great for the planet – or your purse strings. A reusable coffee cup is a great way to reduce waste and save money – with almost all of the UK’s favourite coffee shops offering discounts for customers bringing their reusable cups. You won’t have to sacrifice style for practicality either, as there’s a whole range of designs to suit every aesthetic.
When choosing a new reusable coffee cup, it’s a crowded market, so we scoured the internet to find the best reusable coffee cups and put together a quick guide to the savings you can make at coffee shops across the country.
Jump to the best reusable coffee cups
- Best customisable cup: KeepCup Reusable Cups
- Best reusable coffee cup for iced drinks: Beast Tumbler
- Best leak-proof coffee cup: Circular and Co Leakproof Reusable Coffee Cup
- Best collapsible coffee cup: Stojo On-The-Go Collapsible Coffee Cup
- Best glass coffee cup: JOCO Glass Reusable Coffee Cup
- Best insulated coffee cup: Chillys Series 2 Coffee Cup
- Best versatile coffee cup: The SoleCup
- Best reusable coffee cup for camping: FineDine Insulated Stainless Steel Coffee Cups
The best reusable coffee cups
Best customisable cup: KeepCup Reusable Cups
To match your style
KeepCup offers a variety of styles, materials and designs to help match your cup to your look and lifestyle.
These reusable cups come in a variety of sizes, and KeepCup allows you to design your own cup, from material to accessories. With an option for all budgets, KeepCup has plastic, glass, and insulated options using high-grade, easy-to-clean materials and a variety of colours.
Best for iced drinks: Beast Tumbler
Keep your cool
The Beast Tumbler is perfect for iced drinks and works to keep your beverages cold for longer.
This insulated coffee cup is made with a user-friendly, non-slip design and comes equipped with two metal straws perfect for iced drinks. This coffee cup is designed with easy maintenance in mind. It’s 100% dishwasher safe and comes with a straw cleaning brush for
Best leak-proof cup: Circular and Co Leakproof Reusable Coffee Cup
Sustainable and mess-free
This Circular and Co leak-proof reusable coffee cup promises to keep your commute mess-free with a travel-friendly design.
These coffee cups are great for your pocket and the planet. Made from recycled coffee cups, the Circular and Co Leak Proof Coffee Cup is made sustainably in the UK and, after it has served its 10-year life span, is 100% recyclable.
Best collapsible coffee cup: Stojo On-The-Go Collapsible Coffee Cup
This collapsible coffee cup is super travel-friendly with a lightweight, collapsible design.
The Stojo On-The-Go Collapsible Coffee Cup is available in various colourways and is microwave and dishwasher-safe for ease of use. This innovative design is leak-proof, even when collapsed, for fuss-free travel.
Best glass cup: JOCO Glass Reusable Coffee Cup
This reusable coffee cup is made from artisan-blow, high-grade borosilicate glass for optimal quality.
The Joco Glass Reusable Coffee Cup is available in various colourways to suit every style. These coffee cups are made with an ergonomic design and premium-grade, non-toxic silicon designed for a lifetime of use.
Best insulated coffee cup: Chillys Series 2 Coffee Cup
The Chilly’s Series 2 Coffee Cup offers an updated, top-of-the-range design that promises to keep our drinks hot for up to 4 hours and cold for up to 6.
This reusable coffee cup is designed with a user-friendly, non-slip silicone base and a rotating lock mechanism for fuss-free use. Each cup is made with powder-coated high-grade stainless steel to keep your drinks fresher for longer.
Best versatile cup: The SoleCup
For fresh infusions
These barista-friendly coffee cups are made with high-grade tempered glass for a quality drinking experience.
The SoleCup comes in various colourways and offers customisable designs suited to each user. This cup can be equipped with an inbuilt tea infuser or smoothie filter, allowing you to enjoy loose-leaf tea and fresh smoothies on the go.
Best for camping: FineDine Insulated Stainless Steel Coffee Cups
A traditional design
If you prefer a more class design, handle, and all, this cup is perfect, benefitting from double wall insulation and a lightweight design.
These reusable coffee cups are perfect for a night by the campfire. They maintain the traditional mug design but have the added benefit of a travel-friendly, shatter-prof design that helps to stop spills and keep drinks hot or cold as desired.
Reusable coffee cup discounts by coffee shop
Not only is using a reusable coffee cup kinder to the planet, but it’s also better for your bank balance. Many large coffee shop chains offer a discount to anyone who brings a reusable coffee cup, and if you need any more convincing, some coffee shops will even charge you for a disposable cup.
- Starbucks: Taking your own cup to Starbucks will get you a 25p discount on your order. Paper cups cost 5p, so make sure to bring your own!
- Costa Coffee: Costa Coffee offers a 25p discount to anyone who brings their own cup.
- Café Nero: Café Nero works a little differently in this regard. Café Nero has a loyalty system where customers get one stamp per order, with the tenth drink being free. However, anyone who brings their own cup will benefit from double points, meaning it only takes five orders to earn that free drink.
- Pret A Manger: Pret A Manger offers a whopping 50p off any order using a reusable cup – a saving that is sure to add up.
- McDonald’s: Anyone using a reusable cup at McDonald’s will receive 20p off their coffee order.
- Greggs: You can get 20p off any hot drink whenever you bring your reusable coffee cup to Greggs.
- Gail’s Bakery: Bringing your reusable coffee cup to Gail’s will get you a 20p discount on all coffee and tea.
- Patisserie Valerie: You can get 50p off any takeaway hot drink by bringing your reusable coffee cup to Patisserie Valerie.
- Coffee Republic: Taking your own cup to Coffee Republic will bag you a 15p discount on any hot drink.
If you want to read more expert-recommended round-ups and product guides, check out our Household page, where you’ll find more home recommendations, including the best portable solar panels and solar power bank, the best fans and the best mini fridges.