The best trampolines for fun and fitness, plus tips on safety
Whether you are looking for a fun activity for the kids or a serious addition to your home workout routine, our pick of the best trampolines has something for everyone.
The popularity of trampolines is soaring and with good reason. They make a great addition to a family home or garden, providing an entertaining way for the kids – and adults – to burn off excess energy.
They’re also an excellent add-on to your home gym, can add variety to your daily workout, and can encourage even the most reluctant of exercisers to get on their feet and get that blood pumping.
There is a huge range of trampolines on the market, and here at The Recommended, we’ve been doing our research. We’ve rounded up some of our favourites and also put together a buyer’s guide with top tips on what to look for and how to maintain your trampolines to help you out in your bouncing journey.
The best trampolines at-a-glance:
- Best sports trampoline: Ultrasport Garden Trampoline
- Best for safety features: Zero Gravity Ultima 4 High Spec Trampoline
- Best for small gardens: KANGA Premium Trampoline with Safety Enclosure
- Best foldable children’s trampoline: Galt Toys Folding Kids Trampoline
- Best portable trampoline: Upper Bounce Mini Fitness Exercise Rebounder Trampette
- Best for ball games: LANGXUN Indoor/Outdoor Trampoline for Children
- Best for small spaces: ANCHEER Foldable 40″ Mini Trampoline Rebounder
- Best for families: Upper Bounce Large Rectangle Trampoline with Fiber Flex Enclosure System
The best trampolines
Best sports trampoline: Ultrasport Garden Trampoline
Helps kids and adults train seriously
This premium trampoline is a great choice if you plan on taking your trampolining seriously. It has excellent safety features that can support adults and children in fitness and training, as well as serving as a fun activity for all the family.
The robust, sturdy and (crucially) safe design supports you to train rigorously, whatever your age. Bouncing on this Ultrasport model can support stamina training, build your core muscles and aid your balance. The large, netted model is suited for outdoor use.
Best for safety features: Zero Gravity Ultima 4 High Spec Trampoline
Set your mind at ease
If safety is your first concern, this luxury high-spec trampoline by established brand Zero Gravity can take the worry out of your trampoline purchase – designed to keep your kids safe while they bounce.
This round, netted trampoline is designed for use outdoors and features a ladder for safe access, and arced uprights support the net to improve safety in the event of a fall. A premium safety padding is included, lined with 20mm of thick EPE foam to protect your kids from the steel frame that supports the trampoline.
Best for small gardens: KANGA Premium Trampoline with Safety Enclosure
Compact design with ample room
Embrace the space you have with this compact outdoor trampoline from Kanga, offering the fun and safety of a netted model without taking up as much space as a standard model.
This compact model was specially designed to be ergonomic, offering a generous jumping space in a relatively small frame. The trampoline comes complete with a safety net enclosure, ladder and anchor kit, and there’s a simple-to-use manual including a video to help you set it up.
Best foldable children’s trampoline: Galt Toys Folding Kids Trampoline
Suitable for indoors and outdoors
This junior trampoline has a non-slip grip to encourage your kids to have fun while they exercise. Use it indoors or outdoors and fold it down when you’re finished.
This kids’ trampoline is suitable for ages three years up, holds weights of up to 25kg (55lbs), and has a safety handle to keep your kids stable. When not in use, the handle screws off simply and the legs can be folded in for ease of storage.
Best portable trampoline: Upper Bounce Mini Fitness Exercise Rebounder Trampette
Take it wherever you go
Committed trampoline enthusiast? Take your favourite fitness tool wherever you go with this portable travel-friendly option. This trampoline folds down into its own carry-on-sized bag and is light enough to sling over your shoulder and take with you on the move.
You can use it indoors or outdoors; anti-skid legs mean it’s suitable for most surfaces, while its compact size means it’ll squeeze in almost anywhere.
Best for ball games: LANGXUN Indoor/Outdoor Trampoline for Children
Shoot hoops while you bounce
This bright yellow trampoline is great for kids, designed with safety in mind and with a built-in basketball net to add another layer of fun.
It features a seamless join between mat and net to avoid the possibility of anyone getting stuck and is suitable for indoors or outdoors. There’s the option to pay to have an expert assemble it for you.
Best for small spaces: ANCHEER Foldable 40″ Mini Trampoline Rebounder
A foldable mini trampoline
Make the most of the space you have with this foldable mini trampoline, which can be used indoors or outdoors as part of your home workout – great for cardiovascular health. It’s just 40 inches and folds twice to save space when not in use.
Enjoy all the benefits a trampoline workout can bring without having to commit to one as a permanent fixture in your home.
Best for families: Upper Bounce Large Rectangle Trampoline with Fiber Flex Enclosure System
Built for everyone to enjoy safely
Get the whole family bouncing on this extra-large rectangular trampoline, ideal for a large garden. It’s weather resistant and has great safety features, designed for serious training and fun times alike.
It’s strong and durable, with excellent safety features and features ‘ultra-bounce’ springs to help you jump higher than ever. With room for multiple people at once, it’s great for a kid’s party but also premium enough to support serious sporting use by adults.
Trampoline buyer’s guide
If you’re considering buying a trampoline for your home, whether for your kids or to add to your own exercise routine, it’s important to take the time to make an informed decision. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll provide you with helpful tips and insights to help you choose the best trampoline for your needs, as well as advice on how to keep it safe and well-maintained.
How to choose the best trampoline
When it comes to choosing the best trampoline, there are several factors to consider…
- Size: First things first, make sure to check out the amount of space you have available to position your trampoline. It’s no good picking your perfect product only to find when it arrives that it’s too big for your home.
- Portability: If you’ll want to use it in different places on different days, portability should be high on your list of must-have features. Also, consider the number of people who will be using it.
- Style: You’ll also want to decide whether you prefer a traditional spring trampoline or a springless option.
- Safety features: This should also be a top priority. Look for things including sturdy construction, safety netting, and padding to prevent injuries. Additional considerations may include weight limits, durability, and overall quality.
What size trampoline should you buy? Tips for finding the right fit
Determining what size trampoline to buy depends on several factors. If you have limited space, a smaller trampoline may be more practical, while larger trampolines are ideal for families or those who want to engage in more advanced bouncing activities.
You’ll also need to consider the weight limit of the trampoline, as well as the age and size of the users. For young children, smaller trampolines with lower weight limits are typically sufficient, while older children and adults may require larger trampolines with a higher weight capacity.
Spring vs springless trampolines: what’s the difference?
- Spring trampolines: these are the traditional option, featuring metal springs that provide the bouncing motion. While they offer a classic bounce experience, springs can also pose a safety risk if they become dislodged or break.
- Springless trampolines: these use elastic cords or rods to create a bouncing motion. They’re typically considered safer, with a lower risk of injury, and they require less maintenance. However, they may not provide the same level of bounce as a spring trampoline.
Trampoline safety tips: how to keep your family safe while bouncing
Trampolines are a great way to have fun and get exercise, but they can also pose a safety risk if not used correctly. To keep your family safe while bouncing, be sure to follow these key safety tips:
- Always supervise children when they’re on the trampoline, limit the number of users to one at a time, and establish clear rules for safe bouncing.
- Make sure the trampoline is set up on a flat, level surface, and add safety netting and padding to prevent injuries.
- Never allow somersaults or flips, as these can be dangerous.
- Make sure to regularly inspect the trampoline for wear and tear.
Trampoline maintenance 101: keeping your trampoline in top condition
Maintaining your trampoline is essential for both safety and longevity. Regular maintenance tasks include inspecting the trampoline for damage, tightening bolts and screws, and replacing worn or damaged parts.
You should also regularly clean the trampoline and remove any debris that may accumulate on the surface or in the springs. If you live in an area with harsh weather conditions, such as extreme heat or cold, you’ll need to take additional precautions to protect the trampoline from damage.